Sunday 6 December 2015

Sugar Free Cake for Hubby Dear

 

Hubby dear had his birthday last month (20th Nov) and I had to make it special

I decided to bake a simple home-made cake for him and his office colleagues. Wanted to make something that his colleagues wouldn't have had before

So I decided to try out the cake made out of biscuit (also because it was easy to make)

Father-in-law had diabetes and looking at my husband's penchant for sweets; I wouldn't be surprised if he would get it too very soon so I had it in my mind to go sugar free for the cake. I wasn't too sure of the taste with sugar-free but decided to take the risk nevertheless.

Let me tell you first that the cake was a roaring success and not just hubby dear but even his colleagues liked it very much. I made a large one which he took to office and then later made a separate one for him and gave him a surprise in the evening when he came home with the cake and some decoration around it.

So here is the recipe of the simple biscuit cake and also the pics of the cake I made.

                Ingredients

2 packet of hide 'n' seek biscuits.

2 packet of Parle g biscuits.

1 packet of regular eno or 1 and 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.

2 cup of milk

A little butter for greasing

 

Making and Baking the Cake

1. Grind biscuits into a fine powder in a large bowl. You can practically do it with a spoon but can also use the mixer-grinder for speedy results

2. Add milk to it and mix well

3. And the Eno or baking powder to the batter and mix

4. Add a little Sugar Free Natura to enhance the taste. I luckily got it perfectly right. You will need to use your judgement on this or experiment. The biscuits are somewhat sweet so you use less than usual sugar equivalent.

5. Grease the cake mould

6. Pour the batter in the mould

 7. Place the mould with batter in the pre-heated oven (temperature 350 C)

 

It should take about 20 minute for the cake to be ready. You might want to use the usual cake bake test.

Test: Take out the cake and put a toothpick or knife in it and if it comes out clean, your cake is ready

 

Allow the cake to cool and you can decorate the cake as you deem fit with gems, chocolate sauce or simply serve with vanilla ice cream (its awesome)

 

Note: I added some crushed walnut to the mix before putting it in the oven so in effect, what I got was 'chocolate walnut brownie' J Hubby loved it.

Link to the Sugar Free Natura website - http://sugarfree-india.com/
Some pics of the cake I baked and decoration around the cake (not on it)



No comments:

Post a Comment