Monday 16 March 2015

My Most Memorable Day





My First Wedding Anniversary was the most memorable day of my life.

My Hubby had planned out the whole day and kept it a complete surprise for me. It was the extremely rare occasion in the past 5 years that he actually planned a surprise and it panned out beautifully. I was delightfully surprised every hour of the day with new and new things coming my way in different forms and experiences.

The day had begun very normally with me doing the daily chores and hubby dear giving no sign of any special plans. Not even wishing me properly.

At around 10 am after we were done with morning chores and a nice brunch, he suddenly said, let’s go out somewhere. I did not ask much and decided to get ready before he changed his mind. We left home and once we were on the way, he said something about going to the beach (and I was thinking inside my head “Are you out of your mind?? Going to the beach at noon in 45 degrees”). But I gave him the benefit of doubt – thinking there might be something near the beach that he intended to see –  indoors. After all, he himself is not comfortable spending too much time in the sun.
Once we reached the beach, he made a call and I heard him saying “We are Here” which gave me the inkling that this was not random but a planned move. A guy came walking towards us and handed over life-jackets to us. I looked enquiringly at my hubby who simply winked at me and pointed at a speed boat. My day was made.
I had wanted to ride the speed boat since quite some time and he knew it. And he decided to fulfill it on the anniversary. It was a nice little ride which I enjoyed very much … only to realize that they had begun to pull out harnesses etc. And that was when I realized that it was not just speed boating but Para-sailing also that was in the package.

I have no words to describe my ‘flying’ experience.

After an event time at the beach, hubby suggested we go to the nearby mall. We went there, got some snacks to munch on and then started wandering around. I had a feeling that hubby was ‘not simply wandering’ but had a clear path he was taking me on. In a few minutes, we were standing at the gate of Snow World.
A magical (for me at least) world of snow when the outside temp was close to 45. I was watching at it with awe when hubby tapped my shoulder and simply said “Let’s see it from the inside”. The next 2 hours were the coldest I have ever been … and smiling and blushing and laughing all along. I saw the child in my husband and I became a child myself as we both had fun in the snow on the slides, sleigh and tobogganing.

The evening was a contrast to the rest of the day … sea-side stroll followed by a candle-light dinner.

It was a truly awesome day and THE MOST MEMOROBLE day of my life ... of our lives ...

In a nutshell, we experienced the scorching heat at 44+ degree Celsius and the freezing temperatures of minus 4 degree celcius – the entire range in a single day.  We took a speed boat ride in the vast azure sea water and then went sliding on a snow-sleigh and a tobogganing tyre – we experienced the different extremes with complete exhilaration. We walked on the foot-sole scalding sand and then waded through waist and chest deep calm waters and then we found ourselves sliding and slipping on the frozen snow. In between we parasailed over the beautiful and breathtaking Dubai Jumeirah skyline. It was a heady mix of experiences which will last a life time.
 

Some pictures of our adventures ...

  

  







 
 
 

https://housing.com/ believes in the inimitable power of optimism. We also know that it's difficult to be optimistic all day, every day; and sometimes we need a little nudge to get back on track! This is the time we need to be with the ones we love the most. It could also be the simple act of meeting a long lost friend, having a cup of tea with a parent, or going for a walk with your best friend. Most times, it's the company that matters more than the advice, and that is the power of being #together!

No comments:

Post a Comment