Wednesday 4 March 2015

Look Up ... to rekindle an old flame

A loving husband who becomes the center of your life but has to travel time and again because of his job is a strange kind of punishment. You long to be with him and he has shipped off to different places every now and then.

The few days that we would spend together became the essence of my life. Those days were the ones I really lived. The rest of the days, all I did was survive.

The first few moments after his arrival from business trips when he would give me a hug and hold me in his arms … pure utter bliss. Those moments of looking up to his face and seeing his stubble and the deep eyes which had nothing but love and care for me … I can never get over those moments.

Life begins to look up at those times and during the time he is around … and looks down when is away 'saat samundar paar'

And then came the angel. Our daughter was born and that changed everything. She became the center of my world and she occupied all my time. I did not have time for hubby dear and gone were those moments of post-arrival-hugs. Life changes when a baby arrives and the same happened to me.

And then he decided to quit his travelling job and take up something stable. I was happy to hear that but then he dropped the bomb. The job was in a different city and I would be joining him there after a couple fo months after he set-up things there and had taken a good flat in a good locality for rent to call it a home for foreseeable future.

And then it hit me … that he was going to be away for a couple of months.

Packing for him began and the day of his departure arrived. He was all set to leave and came to our room for a final good-bye.

He played with our daughter for a few months and then hugged her. And that's when he turned his face and I saw a tear escape his eyes. Our eyes met and he just opened his arms for me and took me also in a tight embrace. Those 2 minutes and the look on his face … I will never forget.

That one look rekindled in me the old flame. I was determined then and there, that when I travel to the other city and begin a new life with my hubby; I will give my old love life a fresh kick start. I looked up into his eyes and told him what I was thinking. He smiles, kissed me passionately and left …

------- --------- ---------

And now I am also working in parallel to find a good home in the new city. Housing.com would be a useful tool so checking out https://housing.com/lookup

No comments:

Post a Comment