Friday 21 June 2013

The Reliance Digital Experience

 

Last weekend I visited the Reliance Digital store at Infinity Mall in Malad and it was quite an experience.

It was an interesting experience for me going to Reliance Digital for an in-store experience and not being 'given' the experience … I had to rather 'gather it myself' when I was asked to go around all by myself and then write about it. I had expected a guided tour which somehow wasn't a part of their plan it seems.

Nevertheless, I went around the store and looked at the various sections. I was surprised to find a Books section in a digital store and also found a dedicated Apple products counter missing. Physical books in a digital/electronics store seemed out of place. Apple has a huge fan following and it does deserve a space of its own. Do they expect the Apple fans to go all over the store searching for Apple products?

The store layout was decent with dedicated sections for different product types. I have always been fascinated by the TVs on display in electronic stores. I could spend hours gazing at the full wall with the bank of literally 20-40 TVs of different brands and sizes … all playing the same visual. I stood mesmerized and hypnotized by the flickering screens … my eyes jumping from one screen to another looking for differences in the rendering of the picture on different screens observing the difference in clarity, sharpness and color palette.

My overall experience of the store was good and if I had to buy an electronic gadget, I am sure to visit the store. I think I would find what I want and also have some guys who would be knowledgeable about the stuff.

The Reliance Digital experience was an interesting one although it could have been a much better one had there been someone who would have treated me as guest and given me a guided tour along with useful information about the store. I could almost feel that the guys out there weren't really interested in me after knowing that I was an Indiblogger visitor and began to ignore me.

No comments:

Post a Comment