Monday 17 June 2013

My Weekend Party with Gourmet Food from Kitchen's of India

A weekend party for me would be an all-girls party of the girls of my age and cadre from my family. So it will be my sister-laws and bhabhi's. The guys from the family have their evenings-out with food and drinks and we girls are left fuming at home.
For a change, when the guys plan out their weekend meet, we girls will plan out ours. The guys would meet up in a restaurant or pub, while we girls will meet up at one of our homes (in rotation, keeping in the spirit of the kitty-parties). If we had to cook for the party, then it would be less fun and some of us would eventually be busy preparing the food and serving and cleaning up afterwards. No one likes that. So the easy way out will be to have the Kitchen's of India range of ready-to-eat food options. Not that we won't have to prepare anything … Roti's will have to be made at home (the manufacturers or restaurants just don't make it like us)
So let's look at the menu …  with selections from Kitchens of India website - http://shopping.kitchensofindia.com/   
·        Rose or Khus Sherbet - Welcome Drink
·        Cheese Balls and Finger Chips – Appetizers / Starters (Home-made)
·        Mughlai Paneer (KOI pack)
·        Dal Bhukhara (KOI pack)
·        Phulka Rotis (Home Made)
·        Jodhpuri Moong Dal Halwa (KOI pack)
·        Apple Cinnamon Conserve (KOI products)   
·        Shredded mango Chutney (KOI products)
·        Vegetable BIryani (Made using KOI Masala Mix)
·        Mango Ice Cream (Home-made)
And why limit myself to this menu …  When I would buy these KOI products, they will send a Gourmet Indian Recipe CD to me. I will use this CD and look for more ideas for food delight at my all-girls party.
               

No comments:

Post a Comment