Tuesday 10 April 2012

Mujhe Change Chahiye …


Oh there are so many things that I would like to change in this world …
Hunger for one - So many people sleep hungry and so many of them die every year due to malnutrition or hunger. Wish there could be a change which would take care of basic food requirements for all.
Financial Inequality – With sooooo much disparity between the ultra rich and ultra poor, there are so many problems in the society. Wish there was an equalizing mechanism in that. My hubby tells me that economic disparity is important and often the driver of growth.
Security for women – Women have stepped up in life and are now walking and working shoulder to shoulder with men. Yet, the cities are not safe for women travelling alone. They are in constant fear and danger of eve teasing, molestation, rape … I wish a change in the society's mindset so as to make the world safer for women. On second thought; not just women … the society should become safe for all its residents.
Personally …. I would love if the days became shorter and night became longer. I could dream more and spend a good part of my life in the dream world of my making. I love my sleep. This is one change which I would love to see. (My hubby says I should shift to one of the countries in the upper sections of the northern hemispheres; they actually have long nights and short days in winter)
---
Stayfree believes that it is time to bring about a positive change in the world around us. You can have a look here - http://facebook.com/sftimetochange  
www.Indiblogger.in in collaboration with Stayfree has come up with this contest where they want us to tell us what we would want to change around us! This blog post is an entry to this contest. 

1 comment: